Monday, September 5, 2011

What on earth have I got myself into?!

was the thought in my head after the orientation today.

Gosh, with the standard in UM, I'd probably not survive my way through my masters. With the very intimidatingly knowledgeable lecturers and professors and Deans and Chancellors, and the emphasis on research quality and with B as the lowest grade that we can get, I had my life snuffed out of me within that few hours spent in campus listening to the various VIPS orientating us.

Still, today wasn't all rainstorms and clouds.

I made a new friend, UM is refreshingly different from UTAR (all old and I quote Derky -haunted, and Huge), and they gave us nice stuff in our goodie bags =D

Hmm...

Now I hope the nice stuff in the goodie bag can bribe me into working hard =(

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! You can do it. =]

    xoxo
    Jin En

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, but UM got good ranking in best universities around the world!! Believe that there is a reason you are there =) I'm sure you will do well =) all the best !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jin En: Thanks a lot girl! If you see me wondering the street one day mumbling to myself, then you know I failed. But if I'm still normal and dandy, then I'm alright =D

    Convo is tomorrow!! Ahhh~~!!

    Mel: Yeah, that's why the Vice Chancellor was like so bangga and telling us to up the rank somemore... But thanks a lot ya! All the best to you too when you do yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ren Jie! This is Tse Hwei from MGC (Derk's Malacca church) and now your UM-mate. =D

    Welcome to UM! And congratulations on graduating! =D

    You'll find that UM isn't as scary as it tries to be (haha). Come join us every Friday when we meet as a Christian body k. We'll be at the Geology Dept. =D And if you need a church to go to, I can introduce you to some. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tse Hwei!

    Thank you thank you. You sungguh baik =) I'll settle in with you guys soon k? Thanks for being so supportive. Oh, I'm going to DUMC, by the way =)

    ReplyDelete