Monday, April 26, 2010

Ice kacang anyone?


I had my slight doubts about watching this movie (ya, I kno, I'm a skeptical Malaysian) =="

But anyway, I dragged my whole family to watch it the night I got back from Kampar. And ya, they didn't club me to death for bringing them to watch it. In fact, I think it brought back memories for mom and dad about growing up in a small town; running around in old clothes, playing guli and catching fighting fish. My bros had a glimpse of how life was long before they were born. And me? I loved the movie.

I loved the way it was filmed. I loved the angles of how the old Chinese village was captured. I loved the plot, simple as it was.

I loved the old buildings and countryside in the movie. I loved the atmosphere of the old kopitiam where people had nothing else to do but go there to sit and gossip. I loved the things kids did back then. I loved the attention paid to little details like the old ringgit notes that they used.

I loved the fact that although Ah Niu chose so many of our local Chinese artist, the movie was not a musical. I loved it that they fitted into their roles so well. I loved the way they talked.

So ya, go watch it.

Seriously.

5 comments:

  1. Really? Wee~~ =D
    Wen r u coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh..i also want to watch it,havent watch yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tis saturday....r u still at home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ying: Muz watch! It's good =D
    Chi: No leh... Going bac on Fri. Finals waiting for me... T_T

    ReplyDelete