Friday, November 26, 2010

Behind


There, behold my rumpled, kiam chai, contenged scripts.

In my life, I have never taken up anything to do with behind the stage before. In every performance that I was in, I would be either in the play itself, or with the piano/keyboard, in full view of everyone, up on the stage for people to see.

This time, I was behind.

I was behind, freaking out with the actors and actresses as they waited for their turns.

I was behind, hoping and hoping that the props and lights would come out at the exact moments.

I was behind, listening to the narrator, the MCs, the choir dealing out their lines and sounds, praying that they won't mess up or miss a cue.

I was behind, messing with the make up, fiddling with the costumes, hoping that all of them were real enough to bring out the best in the actors and actresses.


Yup, I was behind.

I was behind, peeking out at the crowd that came, gaping at the unexpected amount of people that turned up.

I was behind, beaming with pride when I heard how well the performers delivered their lines.

I was behind, grinning like an idiot when the lights and props came out in correct turns.

I was behind, smiling with happiness when I heard the applause outside.



Our Utar CF Christmas Night is officially over and boy, do I appreciate every moment of it; from the goodness-knows-how-many-hours that Kyle, Jensen and I spent on the script, to the me-turning-into-a-bossy-control-freak practice sessions and the everyone-in-panic-mode on the night itself.

Our God is awesome. Just awesome =)

No comments:

Post a Comment