*dust dust dust*
Aaahh.... That's better =)
Anyway, class hasn't started yet, so a few of us have made the best out of our one last free week.
Place: Jen's abode
Time: Tak tentu arah
We did lots of cool stuff =D
We watched all the three Lord of the Rings! In extended editions =) How cool is that?! And ya, it still never fails to amaze me eventhough I've watched them countless of times. We watched them from sundown to sunrise, that's how awesome it is. People who haven't watch LOTR don't have a life.... (hint: Kasut) XD
We woke up at a ridiculous hour to make burger patties. And by "ridiculous" I mean at 2am something in the MORNING. But the meat was delicious. We made it out of pure meat, not like the caplang burger meat we buy in supermarkets. And the reason for our early waking, cooking and eating?
To send a certain Joshua Lim off to the train station. The fella's train was at 5am. O_o
People, say goodbye to the Joshua who has left Kampar. And do you see the pieces of something beside the sausages? That's our meat patties =)
And we watched a couple of other movies too. Derky made us watch 500 Days of Summer. It's a love story, which is not a love story where the girl does not love, but kinda loves the guy. It's..... complicated. Go watch it =)
And I watched Star Wars for the first time. The fourth one. I was waiting for Luke to meet his asthmatic father, but apparently that part is in the fifth movie. Oh well...
Oh ya, Derky introduced Big Bang Theory to us!

Go watch go watch!!! It's good!!!
But I suppose the best thing that we did was all the singing that we managed to do. It has never ceased to amaze me how singing in four different parts can produce something that is so pleasing to the ears.

Coming to think of it, singing in SATB shows how being different may not be too bad a thing after all. When singing a part by itself, it sounds kinda weird. Off tune, even. But when the four parts sing and come together, everything sounds lovely. Instead of repelling each other, they complement one another. Instead of competing with each other, they uphold one another. Instead becoming noise, it becomes music.
Shouldn't we be like that as well? Not objecting but celebrating our differences? If everyone was like that, I guess Malaysia would be a better place. Hmm...
So ah, the weekend is around the corner. And I will try to be a good girl and sit down to finish my another chapter of my FYP which I have been unsuccessfully trying to motivate myself to do.
UTARians, Happy Weekending before the first day of the new sem! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment