Sunday, August 7, 2011

Expectations

I am a person who likes to go trailer hopping. I like to waste a small part of my time youtubing for movies trailers.

And trailers would either raise or lower my expectations for a particular movie. Try as I may not to have expectations, a teensy tiny bit of my mind would just have to go "Oh, the trailer looks good. The movie should be awesome!" or "Yeerr... what's that?!"

So, when I go to watch a movie, there is this small voice already saying "This should be good!" or "I'm only here coz I there is no other movie to watch." Not good.

And that is what that has been happening recently.

I was kinda excited about Green Lantern and Captain America. The trailers looked kinda cool, with the bing bing bang bang and the hotness of Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans in properly placed snippets to capture attention.

But the movies hoh... Were like plain bread and butter. No tuna or egg or ham in between. It's enough to eat when you're hungry, but no yummy filling to make you satisfied =(

On the other hand, when I saw the Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer, I remembered thinking "Oh, this is one of those movies where they will show a stupid human, an impossibly smart chimp, human mistreat chimp, chimp get angry, chimp start killing, humans get scared, humans use big bombs, humans kill chimp."

And I hate movies like that, I hate movies showing animals to be wild and savage when the blame should lie with humans themselves. And I hate that in the end, the animal has to die "for the good of mankind".

But Planet of the Apes was surprisingly good. Awesome, even. I read a few good reviews about it, but the movie still hit me like a tonne of bricks. The story of how Ceaser the chimp started the ape revolution was just amazing. In fact, I was rooting for the apes to succeed. And the visual team for this movie should be given an Oscar for their work man.

So yeah, expectations. Never trust in them...

True story.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You miss Barney huh? XD Go watch season 6~~!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a darn chat box like how my ex jenjen pastered me to do so!

    oh yes. im waiting to get it from chipmunk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a darn chatbox like your ex jenjen pestered you to! It's in the corner, down there. Look see look see and see it's dere or not~

    Yaya, go get it from the munk. Robin's hot!

    ReplyDelete