I got back for KL a couple of hours ago, tired and grumpy from another weekend of house hunting.
And what I can say is this- I was really really lucky in Kampar. Almost to the point of being pampered.
I took for granted how new everything was in Westlake, how I need only to share the bathroom with one other person, that I had a clean fridge, a place to cook and readily available internet access.
I took for grated how blessed I was to have Ah Fun as my roomate. Now that she's gone, I'll come back to a silent room, where there is no one to tell me about their day, and no one for me to tell about mine.
I took for granted how everywhere in Kampar was a walkable, cycable, drivable distance. Even if I missed a turning, I did not need to spend the rest of my day finding a place to u-turn.
I took for granted how cheap the good food was in Kampar- Ghany's limau ice and roti telur, Aunty's nasi lemak, the hard-to-find curry mee stalls, the almost-no-place-to-park pasar... =(
I took so many things for granted. And now, my lesson learned, I should say something I should have said a long time ago-
Thank you, Kampar, for the great 4 years you have given me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment