Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friday day

It's Dad's birthday! =D


My super cool Dad.

We went out for dinner, and came back to devour his ice cream cake.

But someone accidentally tilted the cake when it was squishy, and put it back into the freezer again. So the cake was squashed against the box, then hardened again when we took it out. Not a pretty sight...


This was when we started attacking it. Notice the pile of cream at the side. It was where the cake had it's accident.


It was a chocolate and vanilla cake, coz Dad doesn't really like other flavours. He thinks there's too much coloring in them.


We actually finished the whole cake the same night. So much for healthy eating =="

Dad's 51 this year, reminding me that my parents are not getting any younger. It's scary somehow, knowing that your parents are getting older and that one day they might not be here anymore.

I never had much to say when I'm with Dad. Our convos usually revolve around "How are you?" "How's the car?" and "Where do you want to go out for dinner?". Back when I was still in school, the only thing that we could bond over was through watching wrestling.

But I know that as little as he says, he loves me. Through the things he has done, and is still doing, the sacrifices that he made and is still making, the words he says and doesn't say, he loves me.

I love you too Daddy =)

2 comments:

  1. Such a heartwarming post. Happy Birthday to your daddy!

    I can't bear the thoughts that parents might be gone someday too. Let's hope they live forever then =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... If I could, I would. But we can't, so we just have to make do with the time that we have with them now! =)

    I didn't know that you read my blog! I have added you too! =D

    ReplyDelete