
I recently started picking up my poor abandoned guitar again.
Git had been sitting in his box for a few months now, lonely and neglected, while I carried on with my life without him. There was a time when he was my good friend, and I held and fingered him(don't tell me I sound wrong) until the tips of my fingers started to peel.
Then, for some reason, I just abandoned him. My fingers lost their rough calloused feel, my nails started growing long again, I forgot how to press the chords I'd learnt and Git started gathering dust in the confines of his dark cardboard box.
But a couple of weeks ago, I was struck by the overwhelming urge to play something. As my dear piano was not with me, all I had was Git. So I picked him up again.
The poor thing was so dusty I had to clean him first, silently apologizing for forgetting him. I assumed that he had gone out of tune for staying in the box for so long, but surprisingly, he still kept his lovely sounds. It was as if he was waiting for me all the while... =)
So yeah, I picked him up again, brushed up on the tiny bits of chords that I can remember (G Em D and C, enough to play one song edi), and strummed some songs. I know they sounded weak and pathetic, but I was happy.
I was happy that I remembered Git, and I was happy that the few familiar sounding chords could make me happy. I was happy that I could bring a little bit of making music with me to Kampar.
Now my fingers are getting their numb feeling again from too many pressings of the strings, the skin is peeling, my chord book is useful again, Ah Fun is in extreme torture for listening to half-baked guitar playing, I am ss-ing and Git is making music again.
=)

Its name is.......Git? Nice XD
ReplyDeleteDon't be a lazy git!
ReplyDeleteAnn: Yes, Git =D Nice kan?
ReplyDeleteDerky: =D