
When I was young, I had a set of Legos (or what I thought was Lego) in my collection of toys.
I would pile up the different sizes and colors of the blocks on one another, making structures where I'd fill with my imagination. A pyramid shaped formation could be some mystical mountain where no one climbed before. Another oddly shaped thing could be the latest structure in my city, which I was Queen. And being the little girl that I was, I'd use some of the smaller blocks for masak-masak substitutes when I ran out of things to use for "food".
The best part about using these block were that I can do whatever I want with them. If I didn't like the formation I was making, I'd just dismantle them and start again, no trouble at all. If I got tired halfway building them, I'd chuck them aside, no questions asked. If I was in the middle of a bad day, I'd build something, then pretend to be some horrible monster and smash it down. Or, I could always fly into a temper and start flinging them across the room (I just had to make sure I'd pick them up again, in case Mom flinged me instead @_@)
Anyhow, the person in control was ME.
But now, I no longer have control of the blocks I have in my hands. I'm holding them, but other... entities.... are deciding what is to be done with them.
Hmmm....

I wonder what happened to my old Lego set?

No comments:
Post a Comment