Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What a Day!

I'm so very very tired now, should be in bed snoring but I just had to kacau my blog. Hehe...

Today started off kinda badly... I was very sleepy, coz practice ended late laz night for the sketch. So you know la, very sleepy + 8am class + wake up at ungodly hour = not very good mood. Never mind, still can sleep in class. So sleep in class I did.

After class, we were supposed to have an assignment discussion. Mana tau one of our groupmates ffk us. So we wait wait wait, the fella din turn up, we started discussing without him. He better not buat bising of the role that we gave him. Dahlah you ffk us before, dun you dare to make noise now of what that is given to you.

Then, as if the day couldn't get worse, I got into a misunderstanding with a friend. I got no strenght to explain, nor argue, nor make noise, nor pick a fight with her edi. It is not the first time that we got into a situation like that. I was tired, angry, nervous bout the sketch tonight and altogether not in a very right state of mind.

In fact, I was so worried that I would lose my temper with her, that I actually went out alone to cool down by the lake side. I was praying for patience and calmness to handle all the other nonsense that happened this and that is going to happen throughout the week.

I don't know if it was God, or me, or the wind that was blowing, but strangely, I felt more at peace after that. I mean like, I was stil angry and everything, but at least I knew that there is someone who is always there to listen to me rant on about my miserable life.

After that, the day was kinda like a blur... After class ( I had to skip half a lecture), I went back and started doing things that I had to finish before the Evengelistic Night. After all the nonsense was done, it was time for The Night for our CF.

Everything started fine (although I was kinda worried bout the weather before this, but God showed me once again that He answers weather prayers). The committee were there early, getting everything in place, praying, running through the worship and stuff.

Worship was fine too, people were singing and praising and worshiping being led by Kyle and Shu Ern. I screwed up a bit on the piano. Hehe... But, yeah, it was good.

Then came the time of the night that had me having butterflies in my stomach for one whole day and the days before that- The Sketch.

Oh my goodness, I don't know how I got through that man. I have not played the main character for anything for the longest time. I've forgotten the feeling of having a lot of people staring at you and watching your every move, listening to your every word and looking at your every expression. The whole thing was a big blur to me, but I think it kinda went like clockwork for the rest of the people involved. Guys, was it?

I know I messed up one scene, but the rest of the cast were awesome. The other players in the sketch brought out their characters beautifully. The hightlight of the sketch was the Everything skit. That really brought out the climax to it. I loved the skit. You guys really did a great job!

The rest of the night went really well too. Rev David Loo was great as usual with his sermon and his singing. His singing I tell you, can listen to him one whole day and not get tired of it. He should go record albums la seriously.

But yeah, it went really well, many people recommitted their life to God, few of them accepted Christ and I just pray that God will use tonight to make a differenc in their lives. I knew some of them, so with God's help, I think we did make a difference tonight in certain people's lives.

By the end of it, after the cleaning up and stuff, we headed to Garney... Makan and talked until 1am something. Hehe... It was knida nice sitting there and listening to things I never knew bout my friends. The experiences they shared and the things we talked about reminded me again of how little we know of the people around us and how we never actually take time to find out more about them.

As I'm now sitting here typing this post out, I hear my bed calling me louder and louder, so should go teman it now. The day started out badly, but God has a way of making bad things, not so bad. Nights!

2 comments:

  1. awesome!!! u hav a blog!! i mean a blog on blogger..now i don't hav2 log into frenster everytime...hahaha

    i'm going back next sat! itching to start 2nd yr..which is weird i knw..it's just..things here are gettin out of hand a lil..n my way has always been to uhm, run away.i think.

    ps: im bringin the doggie slippers!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, renjie.. u have a blog here too.. wonderful.. anyway, u did well in the skit.. i have highlighted the whole event in my blog, which i've opened last month (suggested by eric), from the start till the end.. everyone did an amazing job, well done.. forgot abt those errors u've made.. no big deal anyway
    haha.. i agree, rev david loo shud've go record albums.. his singing really amazed me..

    ReplyDelete