So at 3am something in the morning, with only the table lamp to light my way (my room mate was sleeping, I did not want to wake her by turning on the room lights), I was happily typing om my lappy.
Suddenly, I felt something on my ponytail.
By instinct, I put up my hand and touched it.
It was hard and spiky...
...
...
...
And a giant grasshopper hopped onto my lappy screen.
You know those really really big types? The ones that look more like locusts?
I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw it...
It totally killed my mood for anymore writing. Armed with a long ruler, I proded the lost creature until it jumped into the bathroom. (You can't blame me! I didn't know what else to do!)
So there it stayed until this morning. My poor room mate and me couldn't bath or wash our clothes in fear of the creature jumping onto our heads again.
The annoying thing about this fella it that it won't keep still. Everytime we opened the bathroom door to check on it, it would either look at us or start twitching as if it wanted to jump. At least if it just stayed put, they we wouldn't have worried so much.
Anyway, after being tortured until afternoon, we managed to get a can of aerosol to turn the tables on it. But the grasshopper, had a mind of it's own.
When we opened the bathroom door to spray the grasshopper, the fella was already at the bathroom window, out of reach. With a slight jab with a broom, he jumped out to safety.
Babi... Now only lari...

The grasshopper chillin on the bathroom door frame.
Close up

No comments:
Post a Comment