We had just finished baking the muffins and tarts for the Mooncake Festival thingy in Jen's house.
Banana Chocolate Muffins
As usual, after any gathering, we will somehow end up in Ghany.
This time though, was the longest time I had ever stayed there.
It was a little surreal to be sitting with a bunch of guys, discussing everything from relationships to our future. I guess when you are around the age of 20 or so, these topics will appeal the most when you have a rough idea of what you want to do next time, the crazy things to be done before settling down and just being young and filling your life with ambitions and expectations.
It was so cold sitting there, almost by the side of the road, talking from when the night was the darkest to the time where we could hear the morning prayers and the birds chirping. It was also my first sunrise in Kampar.
But I wouldn't change that span of time for anything.
Sitting on the plastic chairs, in the cold morning air and sharing opinions, thoughts and worries with the other 3 guys was something that I don't do everyday. I had thought I knew some of them reasonably well. I had thought wrong.
Listening to them talking proved to me once again how people can be different from what you expected them to be. It is during these times where you find out people are more diverse than you know, having more layers under them that what they have above, sharing more things in common with you than you imagine.
Yeah, and I also got a peek into what guys talked about.
Guy talk...
We should do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment