Hmm... It's a little late, but I wanna post this up. I know you don't read blogs, even mine, but still... No harm rite? Hehehe... =)
9 years is not short. I still remember the first time we met in class. I remember thinking- "Who's that extremely fair boy at the back?" And when you talked to me for the first time, I nearly fell off my chair. You had a frickin accent, which shocked the hell out of me. Didn't know Chinese school people could speak that way that time. Hehehe....
Somehow we ended up as best friends, either because our names were similar, or our house phones had almost identical numbers, or because we felt comfortable speaking in English to one another. Or maybe it wasn't any of that, it was just how our personalities clicked.
9 years... Hmm... You're edi officially 21! So different from the 13 year old that I met in Form 1. Thank God you're not so fair edi, though your skin is still better than mine. Grrr.... Unfair! But then again, maybe you didn't change that much. You're still that tall, Korean-look creature that ended up as my best friend.
So many things have happened since our secondary school days. We're both in different unis now, taking different courses, having different sets of friends, experiencing different things. It's not easy to stay connected and bear with each other when we have different lives now.
But still, all those long talks we have during the hols, those telephones calls that makan our credit and those random times we text or call each other, those times where I call to talk to you when I feel like being on the verge of tears, where I feel like there is no one else can listen like you do, remind me that I always have a friend, a best friend who is always there.
Of course, we have our fair share of quarrels as well. I won't forget those times where we get angry and turn away from each other. Those times where I feel like shaking some sense into you and where you feel like doing the same thing to me. That year where we felt like giving up on each other.
You know the funny thing about being friends with you? People always think that we should end up together (which we have grown used to answering:"No") But you know what is even more funny? Forgetting each other's birthday! Best friends kononnya! Which best friends in their right mind will forget each other's birthday?!
We always said that each other didn't change even after secondary school. The fact is, I think we did, it's just that we don't feel it when we're with one another.
So Happy Belated Birthday to my dear friend! Cheers for finally hitting 21! Hurry up and get a girlfriend!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment