Monday, February 8, 2010

The Squirrel

There was once a small bushy-tailed squirrel.

"I'm hungry!" the squirrel said.

So the squirrel went looking for nuts to eat.

She came across a Hazelnut. Happily, she picked it up, shelled it, and took a nibble.

"Too bitter!" she gasped.

Dropping the Hazelnut, she went searching for other nuts. Then she came across a Pecan. Like before, she shelled it, and took a nibble.

"Too tasteless!"

And the Pecan was dropped as well.

So it went on; the squirrel would come across a nut, taste it, squeak a complaint.

Almond- "Too salty!"

Macadamia nut- "Too hard!"

Groundnut- "Too dirty!"

Walnut- "Too ugly!"

Chestnut- "Too sweet!"

Cashew nut- "Too soft!"

Coconut- "Too big!"

Grumbling, the little squirrel asked God: "Why can't I find a type nut that I like??"

God looked at the silly little creature, sighed and shook His head. And said-

"It's not the nuts, dear. It's YOU."

No comments:

Post a Comment