Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dream(ing)s

Dreams would never come true.

They are what you think about at night, before you close your eyes.

They are what you think about during the day, when there is a lasp in what you are doing.

They are figments of what we want to do, pieces of our desire, scraps of our imagination.


That's what I thought.

I've been proven wrong recently, by the people around me, both near and far.

They have shown me that if you want something, if you think of something, or even someone, if you have an idea, if you have a dream, you should go ahead and get it. Face it, and face whatever obstacles that comes with it.

Of course, I would want to go chasing and running after my own dreams. I want to be doing the things I want to do, not only imagining myself doing them, or seeing other people doing them instead of me.

I want to be able to tell my children that I lived life with no regrets, that I turned my dreams into reality, that all that I wanted came true, that I became what I wanted to be, that I did what I wanted to do.

But still...

I wonder sometimes, why am I who I am. Why I think the way I do.

I wonder why I keep seeing so much in other people. So much from them that I want to make mine. Their thoughts, their personalities, their talents, their sensibility, their intellect. I wish that I am them.

But I'm not.

I'm just....

me.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe. I believe God created everyone in their special ways. You are you, and that's what matters most. If everyone wants to be like everyone, then it's gna be a boring world. XD

    As for making dreams come true... Well, I'll only say this - Let God's will be done. Amen. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah... Yeah. Just need to remind myself of that sometimes. But I got lots of encouragement through this post. I thank God for that. I guess it goes to show the people around me accepting me for who I am. Which is something I'm real thankful for.
    Hope your dreams come through too! =D

    ReplyDelete