That was how long my family had to wait to eat the durians from our tree.
My dad planted the tree in our old house (which my granma currently stays) 22 years ago and the fella has never produced anything. In fact, we had actually given up on it.
But this year, the fella had a revival. My mom said that everyday, it would drop 1 or 2 durians. So they saved a couple for me to try when I got back this weekend.

Check out the heart shaped one on the left!
And ya, they actually tasted really good! I'm not really a durian person, but I'll gorge on them when I'm in the mood. These durians were the type I like- very creamy and not too squishy and not too hard and not too sweet and not too bitter.
Durian MUST be eaten using hands!
Anyway, I ate like quite a lot, since I can't eat them when I get back to Kampar. Hehe...

No comments:
Post a Comment