Don't be confused, the way is clear
& if you want it you got it forever
This is not a one night stand, baby, yeah so
Let the music take your mind, ooh
Just release & you will find
You're gonna fly away
Glad you're goin' my way
I love it when we're cruisin' together
Ok, as some of you know, I went on a cruise to nowhere recently. It was one of those 2 days 1 night cruise where they bring you out to international waters for you to gamble whole night away at their casino.
Well, as I only had my poor w810 (no money to buy fancy SLR like Shu and Kelvin =="), I am so sorry for the quality of the photos.
When you board,
they would give you this card that acts as your ID and debit card.
Then, the ship starts, and you'll end up going to nowhere.

So, on the ship, you need find your way around la. The trickiest part would be finding your cabin in the cabin-maze. There are nooks and crannies to turn into and every part looks the same.... =="
But the cabins are super cute. They are SO small and cosy. When you go in,

the first thing you see are your bunks,

with one small dressing table,
and a TV =D This was taken from the top bunk.
I forgot to take picture of the toilet. It's really, really small. With a rather low ceiling. Derk, I think if you go in, you'll knock your head... But it's clean la =D
Then, after you put down your things and ohhhed and ahhhed about the interior of the ship, will feel hungry one rite?
So, we went looking for food. They are all served buffet style, so you can stuff yourself as much as you like. And I tell you, the way they keep the food refilled is even better then the hotels buffets =D
I was especially in love with the bread they had there- the baguette and the croissants. It's that type of bread that is so freshly baked, it's crusty on the outside but really soft on the inside. Put a dab of buttery butter into them and you'll cry out of sheer bliss when you bite into it

A glimpse of our dinner table. No other photos of the food, so sorry... Was too busy stuffing them down... =P
After eating, it's time to check out what to do on the ship.
The lifts are really cool, coz they're fully glassed. SS folks can take photos of themselves from every angle.
We went headed to the bar first, where there was supposed to be some stuff going on there. On the way,
we passed by the auditorium, with a cool name. Sounded like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean.
At the bar,
there was this band from Philippines performing. Gosh, Filipinos can really sing man!
Then, they had this dance by "Miss Universe" contestants. The girls looked really pretty in their traditional costumes and hairstyles.

And this cross dresser dude hosted one of the funniest Bingo game I've ever watched. He looked quite good as a woman, ice-pick heels, makeup and all. Then we saw his again the next day as a man. He looked even better O_o.
After that, I followed my parents into the casino. I didn't have to be above 21 =D Above 18 can edi. Ok, so it's my first time in a casino and I was as jakun as can be. Couldn't make sense at all on how the cards were played or how did the rules of the games go. Anyway, I watched my Dad playing roulette for the first time (I didn't even know he knew how to play it).
I got to hold the chips he won =D
Going into a casino, I finally understand how people lose money in there. The way they change money into chips and the way the chips disappear explains it all. Scary...
The next day:
Going on a cruise ship and not going out onto the deck to enjoy the sun and the breeze, how can right? So this is me ssing
with myself
and with my shadow (ohmigosh! my ass is fat! T_T)
Then, a couple of hours after that, the cruise was over. We were back in Penang =(
Thus ended the cruise we had on Star Pisces. It was great fun actually, lazing around, enjoying the sea breeze, talking to the crew of the ship and observing the gamblers in the casino. Hehe...

I wouldn't mind going on it again =D
The music is played for love,
Cruisin' is made for love
I love it when we're cruisin' together
Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis - Cruisin'

Wow eh TanRenjie it looks very fun eh! Like you said, it feels like one of those potential trip places. I could train my seasickness by setting sail in the Kampar lakes, it looks worth it - one night almost seems too short :S
ReplyDeleteI see I am mentioned in this post, albeit in relation to the shipboard human waste disposal system. I feel honoured.
Hence, this is obviously a great post. (like)
p.s. the song is really nice! The female vocalist's voice is really soothing.
i went there b4 oh...hehe!
ReplyDeleteDerky: Yaya, if we can get up there, we could spend the whole night mooching around the ship or just sit somewhere and talk. How how? It'll only be in Penang until end of the year.
ReplyDeleteHehe... Great post it is, coz of the emergence of your name. And ya, the song is nice. Ooolllddd song..... =D
Wei Leong: Really?! =D When? Din hear u say b4 de?