I was feeling all sisterly when I was planning to go back to Ayer Tawar this weekend. I wanted to bring my bros to watch Alice in Wonderland, and maybe bring them to McD. I had a vague mpression that we could have quality sister-brother time, and catch up with each other.
To my horror, mom told me that they were off to camp. Oh, ya, camp... There goes all my sisterly intentions. And to rub salt into the wound, mom told me that she wanted to being my bros to watch it too, but they told her that Alice in Wonderland is too childish for them already.
Hmmm.... Childish..
My 13-year-old bros saying that Alice in Wonderland is childish didn't go down too well with their 21-year-old sister. Fine, so they're growing up. Must have missed it along the way when I was (and still) chasing after assignments, presentations and tests in Kampar =(
So weekend this time was quiet, very quiet. With my bros not around, the house kinda lacked the combined twin energy. It was only dad, mom and me.
Then it struck me.
This is how it would be if my brothers weren't born. This is how it would be if I were the only child. I had forgotten the feeling of being the only child a long, long time ago, every since my bros were born. For 8 years of my life, I had my parents to myself, to spoil me and scold me. Then my bros came along, taking up their attention.
Not that I mind =D
Now at 21, I have my parents all to myself again. For the weekend, at least.
Time to get spoilt again.
*evil laughter*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hahaha we're 21 year-olds (NOT YET!!!) who refuse to grow up...=p i wanna watch Alice!! maybe you should have a bonding session with your mum over the show =D
ReplyDeleteAlice was quite cool... Johnny Depp is awesome man!
ReplyDeleteI did watch it with my parents. Midnight movie summore. Dunno wat possessed them to watch it with me. Hehehe...
How're you faring?
hehe maybe it was the 'only child' thing that hit them too =p will prolly watch it sometime.before it goes off-screen,hopefully ==
ReplyDeletei'm doing ok..kinda miss home n familiar faces n familiar-er food..lol.stupid presentation to work on n midterm 2mr n followin monday.i dunno if i should be glad they spread it out so more time to stdy,or irritatd coz it's so spaced apart.doinks.
but yea, i'm surviving well =) miss you!
Yeah, I have a crazy week too. Hafta organize a debate, got 2 assignments to hand up, one mid term and one presentation. Coffee is best fren again.
ReplyDeleteMake the most out of your spaces! =D
I miss you too! Faster come back!