Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Long Awaited Weekend

As mentioned in my previous post, I managed to go back to Ayer Tawar! Mom fed me with her awesome cooking as if I was a starving goldfish... Yes guys, don't laugh at me for using that word. I can't think of another animal that eats a lot.

Anyway, it was dad's 50th birthday as well as Granny's 80th birthday! So we booked a table in the restaurant and makan makan. I didn't really had the chance to take pictures of the food, coz my relatives devoured them too quickly before I could even lift my hand with my hp...

But here, just to spite Shu, is a picture of the famous FooChow delicacy: Ang Jiu Mee Sua! Shu, are you salivating now? Heheheh... People usually eat it during birthdays.



Dad got an ice cream cake for this occasion. Hehehehe.... Very long never eat edi...


I managed to get a few photos with my family this weekend. I don't really take photos with them, but dunno what got into us this weekend. Must apologize for the quality of the pictures though, I just had my trusty Sony Ericsson w810 to take the photos with.


Granma's already 80 this year!



This is Dad and me.



Mom. She's the most awesome mother anyone can have.





And of course, my cheeky, smart twin brothers.


This weekend has reminded me how blessed I am to have my family. Dad's 50th birthday showed my how fast time has passed. I teased him about being half a century old, but in my heart, I felt a pang of sadness; people grow older, and one day they won't be with us anymore. And these people are the people you love and cherish.

Of course, I enjoy living on my own outside, away from the sometimes-too-protective arms of my parents, but going back, and listening to Dad nag me, Mom telling me don't do this and that and bantering with my brothers always brings a smile to my face.

I love my family!

3 comments:

  1. i love mua family 2!! haha.. wah, ur bros dun look like ur bros.. dunno how 2 say.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... Really? Shu Ern say they look like me wo...

    ReplyDelete