Monday, January 11, 2010

Early Morning in Kampar

My body is screaming for sleep now, but my hair refuses to dry, thus preventing me from getting into bed (don't ask me why I didn't menghairdryerkan my hair - I don't have a hair dryer)

Just got back a few hours ago from KL. After Ghanying, came back and cleaned up my left-to-the-spiders-and-dust room and unpacked my stuff. My room had been neglected for the few weeks of the sem break and has been gathering unknown life forms in the nooks and crannies.

Anyway, this KL trip was a good one.


I-
Stayed in Shu Ern's house with Belle and Florence, talking crap into the night and falling asleep half way. It was lots of fun laughing in the car with them, teasing Belle unmercifully, laughing at Florence's stone face and listening to Shu Ern's crap.

Ate good food (too good, in fact), partly thanks to Shu Ern and Kyle's moms who were so kind to treat us to dinner. The other times were trooping to restaurants and committing the sin of gluttony (again). Hehe...

Watched 3 movies! Sherlock Holmes rocks!! As in really really! Avatar is better in 2D. John Travolta is still awesome. :D

Screamed on the rides in Genting (and endured Gale and Shu laughing at me). I'm getting old. I think in another few more years, I might not be able take the stress of getting on to theme park rides anymore...

Got drenched in the rain. In heavy rain. In Genting. In cold Genting. You get the point...

Found out how unbelievable Murni in SS2 is. Gosh, I swear a thesis can be written on how they run that place!

Got a book! Harmony Silk Factory by Tash Aw *mumbles to self:"must expand book collection... must expand book collection... must expand...." x 100 times*

Had culture shock when I stepped into DUMC.

Found out what guys talked in the car to amuse themselves *gasps!*


The only downside of this trip was the results coming out on our second day there. Ish... Looking at the results was such a mood damper. It's always the same, sem after sem after sem... And of course, hearing the bad news about immature people who go around burning the places of worship of other people. Mana lu punya 1Malaysia now?

But still, I enjoyed the time spent with Kyle, Shu Ern, Gale, Belle, Eric, Shu and Florence (thanks for the great time guys!) and getting to see more of KL. The bright lights, the tall buildings and the people walking about reminds me of coming from a small town which does not have all that. Hehe...

Hmm...

After lo so-ing here, I think my hair is almost dry. Shall curl into bed now. Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment